Re: g and signs

One of he hard things about this is that we have an understanding of
vectors and the directions associated. When most of us teach free fall and
the kinematic equations, we have not introduced vectors. Yet we believe
that the directions associated with pos and neg acceleration shouyld be
intuitive.

Why do we wait to introduce vectors? The books all do, it seems.

Ken Fox
Science Department Coordinator
IB Physics Teacher
Smoky Hill High School