Re: Rotation

This, generally true, fact must be accounted for, by any theory of galactic
and planetary system formation.

bc

Solar system violations, I presume are explained by exo-collisions or intra-
with a sl. impact parameter.

Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

Under a different thread Muhsin Ogretme asked:

I remembered another question (a famous one) "why does the earth
rotate?". The common answer is because there is no agent to stop it.
Can we start with the idea that all heavenly objects were already
rotating when they started their lifes? Is it a good idea to accept the
rotationof the heavenly objects as an internal property of them - as
we take the concept of inertia as an internal property of mass?

The law of conservation of angular momentum (for a perfectly
isolated star or planet) is like Newton's first law. Both are like
axioms in mathematics, except they were derived on the basis of
studying natural phenomena. These are very useful idealizations.
Ludwik Kowalski