Re: World's noise

I remembered another question (a famous one) "why does the earth
rotate?". The common answer is because there is no agent to stop it. Can
we start with the idea that all heavenly objects were already rotating
when they started their lifes? Is it a good idea to accept the rotation
of the heavenly objects as an internal property of them - as we take the
concept of inertia as an internal property of mass?

John Clement wrote:

Perhaps this problem can be put into perspective by the recent article in
Physics Today "Two Revolutions in K-8 Science Education". On page 45 they
mention that "A number of studies, though, have demonstrated that, before
the fifth grade, students generally have difficulty understanding a round
Earth". Here is the crux of the difficulty. Since practically all 6th
graders are concrete thinkers, they will have much difficulty with astronomy
results, including the idea of a rotating earth.