Re: Teaching 3 Students

Some years ago I had a conceptual physics class with three
students. Lecturing was clearly pointless, so I assigned reading and
we went over it during the regular class time. I like to do demos, so
I brought the usual apparatus, but we used it together, more like a
lab than a demonstration. It was really nice to be able to concentrate
on the points the students found difficult and/or interesting, and to
work on a demo until all three could see what was happening. The
students' feedback was really helpful to me as a young teacher, and I
think they enjoyed the experience.

Your situation is a little different, in that you have a definite
syllabus to cover, but I hope you would find this approach useful.

Stan

Hello
I have 3 students in my General Physics Class. I see this as a uniqu=
e opportunity to really impact them with physics. But I am not sure =
exactly what to do. I don't want to lecture like normal. Idea?

Thanks
Tina=20

Tina Fanetti
Physics Instructor
Western Iowa Technical Community College
4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City IA 51102
712-274-8733 ext 1429