Re: Assessment; evaluation of GRE scores

The US GRE average is so low that its use for assessment is reduced. The
reasons for the low US average are discussed by a former GRE official in the
American Institute of Physics web site
http://www.pha.jhu.edu/groups/sps/physicsgre.html. There the US GRE average
is estimated at the 35th percentile.
Jim Peters
Hillsdale College

Greetings.

Our Physics department is being asked to "assess" how well we are
doing in educating our students. We're new at this, and so I would
seek suggestions:

a) We'd like to track how our students are doing comparted to the
national undergraduate population, and we hoped to use GRE scores to
do so. However, the population that takes GRE's includes many
graduate students. ...

John