Re: Assessment; evaluation of GRE scores

Michael!

my go. search (admittedly short) didn't find the ETS site -- what is that exam?

Panzers,

bc

Michael Edmiston wrote:

We were forced to have an assessment program by our administration as part
of the assessment requirements of the North Central Association of Colleges
and Universities (who accredits us).

We needed a standardized test, and considered the GRE, but opted instead for

cut ----

On the other hand, the State of Ohio does require a potential
high school physics teacher to pass yet another exam in physics, also
written by ETS. (It might be nice to own some ETS stock.) If students
don't pass this exam, they can't teach. If we had difficulty getting our
physics education students to pass this exam, that would indeed be a big
problem. This is new, and only one student in physics and one student in
biology have taken it so far. They both passed, but just barely... the pass
level is set quite high, and the State of Ohio expects a fairly high failure
rate on the first try.

Bluffton College
280 West College Avenue
Bluffton, OH 45817