Internet: stratliff@nwc.edu

Dave Bonar <dbonar@SPEEDFACTORY.NET>
Sent by: "phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators" <PHYS-L
08/11/01 08:46 AM
Please respond to "phys-l@lists.nau.edu: Forum for Physics Educators"

To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu
cc:
Subject: Re: Robot???

Tom, I have always thought of a robot as some sort of device that has
autonomous control over what it does rather than the radio controlled
devices on battle-bots and of the type you are building.

I've noticed the same problem. Do you have an easy to use term to
replace the awkward "radio controlled device?" I've been asked to
direct/assist with a FIRST Robotics competition team. Since I was asked
this right after I started looking into BEAM robotics (yes, I'm years
behind the curve) I was hoping for real robots but it seems that the
competitions use radio controlled devices.

Dave