Robot???

Tom, I have always thought of a robot as some sort of device that has
autonomous control over what it does rather than the radio controlled
devices on battle-bots and of the type you are building.

Your project sounds like a great learning experience for your students
but I'm not sure I'd confuse them by calling it a robot ('bot'). We send
robots to Mars, not radio controlled vehicles, for obvious reasons I
believe.

David Abineri
dabineri@choice.net

=46rom: Brian Tolan <ChemDude23@aol.com>
To: billb@eskimo.com
Subject: Comments from billb amform

--- url ---
http://www.LoganBot.com

--- comments ---
Hello, my name is Brian Tolan. I am a new chemistry teacher at Lenox
Memorial High School in Western Massachusetts. In an attempt to bring=
some
interesting real world engineering and electronics projects to the sc=
hool,
I started the Lenox Bot Club. The idea was actually brought forth by =
some
of my students. As their first project, they have decided to build a
super-heavy weight BattleBot named Logan. We hope to complete him by =
the
end of the year. I=92d like other teachers to know how enthused the s=
tudents
have been and how much they=92ve learned from the project. I was wond=
ering
if you could please place a link to our site, which details our
construction efforts and the club. I would like very much to convince
other schools and science teachers of the academic benefits of projec=
ts
such as these that have natural student appeal. We also have an exten=
sive
10 page builders tips and links section that most beginner robot buil=
ders
would find useful. Our site address is www.LoganBot.com. We'd be happ=
y to
place a return link. Thank you for your time.=20

- Brian Tolan
- Lenox Memorial High School =20
- ChemDude23@aol.com