[no subject]

i understand where you are coming from. it is faster to learn when you ask a
PERSON for their knowledge and A LOT more interactive, than reading books
that may not even answer the questions that you have.

also, a lot of really technical books, i have noticed, use very archaic
language, mostly terms that only other people that have been in their field
a while would know what they mean (when i studied Unix administration i
encountered this). some people, like me, learn better/faster by interacting
with other people - because you can ask the person to "clarify" or " break
it down".

if you don't have the time, or just don't care to answer questions from
someone else, that is fine. i didn't realize how much it would irratate
people that really know physics questions about physics. it must be a burden
to SHARE knowledge for some folks. i didn't realize that i already have to
know physics as much as everyone else on this list to ask questions about it
- but that is how i am led to believe. i guess it is easier to call a
person's ideas and thoughts "clueless" or "meaningless" rather than just
clarifying WHY they are wrong.

no negative input, please - there is nothing to learn from it. some people
haven't learned that yet.

Justin

ps- i came on this list to learn just a little more and to SHARE ideas, and
to my dissapointment i have wasted my time. it seems that this list is
stagnate (by no means a personal attack on anyone) when it comes to SHARING
*NEW* ideas. later...

Hi Justin,
Here is my suggestion for finding out what energy is. Go to the nearest
Barnes and Noble or other large bookstore and go to the physics
section. Then find the Lectures on Physics by Richard Feynman. Turn to
the first part of chapter 4 and read "What is Energy" perhaps this will
help you. If you find the reading interesting you might look at other
sections of the book.