Re: I Don't Have to Use Windows

At 11:37 AM +0530 8/2/01, D.V.N.Sarma, you wrote about Re: I Don't
Have to Use Windows:

Dear Hugh,
I am just trying to get you mad.
Could it not be that some institution which is trying to get rid of
these relics of a bygone age has donated them to AAPT.

regards,
sarma.

I hope that Hugh (and others) don't overlook your 'just trying to get
you mad' preface.

The Macs at the Rochester meeting were the most current models. The
laptop used at the plenary sessions had its 'glowing apple' in the
raised lid right-side-up from the audience's perspective. The older
models had it 'right-side-up' from the user's perspective when closed.

The titanium powerbooks in the Exhibit Hall were mostly G4's. (latest
and greatest!)

The following quote is presented for your consideration:

"Imagine the disincentive to software development if after months of work
another company could come along and copy your work and market it under its
own name...without legal restraints to such copying, companies like Apple
could not afford to advance the state of the art."
-- Bill Gates, 1983 (New York Times, 25 Sep 1983

--
It's no accident that stressed Chuck Britton
spelled backwards is desserts. britton@ncssm.edu