From: Steven T. Ratliff <STR@NWC.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2001 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: Old Computers

Dear Phys-L,

I just wanted to emphasize something Tim said.

The 5 1/4-inch floppy drives have good stepper motors in them. If you
save the motor, the control card, and the power supply, you have a
stepper motor system. With a second (working) computer, you can control
the stepper motor.

Steven T. Ratliff
Associate Professor of Physics
Northwestern College