CP violation in b-decays

Hi all-
Here is the abstract from a recent posting on the arXiv by the
BaBar collaboration (submitted to Phys Rev Letters):

We present an updated measurement of time-dependent CP-violating
asymmetries in neutral
B decays with the BABAR detector at the PEP-II asymmetric B Factory
at SLAC. This
result uses an additional sample of Upsilon(4S) decays collected in
2001, bringing the data
available to 32 million B-anti-B pairs. We select events in which one
neutral B meson is fully
reconstructed in a final state containing charmonium and the flavor
of the other neutral B
meson is determined from its decay products. The amplitude of the
CP-violating
asymmetry, which in the Standard Model is proportional to sin2beta,
is derived from the
decay time distributions in such events. The result sin2beta = 0.59
+/- 0.14 (stat) +/- 0.05
(syst) establishes CP violation in the B^0 meson system. We also
determine |lambda| = 0.93
+/- 0.09 {stat} +/- 0.03 {syst}, consistent with no direct CP
violation.
hep-ex/0107013
Regards,
Jack
--
Franz Kafka's novels and novella's are so Kafkaesque that one has to
wonder at the enormity of coincidence required to have produced a writer