Blood Pressure

There was a question a while ago about differing blood pressure readings as
a function of arm position. If someone already reported doing the
experiment, my apologies for the redundency, but here are the the results of
two series of pressures (mm Hg) taken for myself and one for my daughter.
All measurements were taken with subject sitting. First set is with arm
hanging down; second, with arm extended horizontally; third, with arm held
vertically upward.

Self (57 yr old male, healthy, but sedentary)

106/74 102/66 99/56
108/69 105/64 89/51

Daughter (26 yr old, healthy, athletic, fit)

119/79 115/69 99/61

Hardly sufficient data to be conclusive, but it does seem to show a clear
trend.
--
Bob Yeend <ryeend@earthlink.net>