Re: Bobs for Lenz's law apparatus

I took down from the shelf a sample of the Neodymium Iron Boron
magnets rescued from disk drives which are exquisitely
powerful for their size. An 11 gm magnet will lift 15kg etc

The kidney shaped magnet, though difficult to
measure with a stainless steel dial calliper on account of
its sticking to the jaws, appears suitable for imbedding in
a resin cylinder of the size you want, perhaps of optically
clear casting resin?

This would be a reasonably low priced replacement.
(eBay keywords: 'powerful magnet' - about 50 cents to $3)