From the PhyShare list

If someone would like to shed some light on this to the PhyShare
list, I'm sure that they would appreciate it.

Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 02:17:20 -0400
Sender: Sharing resources for high school physics <PHYSHARE@lists.psu.edu>
From: Hans Van Dyke <Mudd@PLANETHALFLIFE.COM>
Subject: Black Holes and Heissenberg
To: PHYSHARE@LISTS.PSU.EDU

I'm a little on the tame side when it comes to concrete knowledge about
physics, but after doing some classes dealing mostly in theory, and getting
the better portion through A Brief History of Time, an issue started to
trouble me. I went to my Physics teacher to solve this question, like oh-so-
many others, but he was also baffled. He suggested this thing.

The question is this: If a Black Hole reaches a point of singularity, and
at that very point there would be mass, would that not lend itself to
suggest that a point of singularity (having absolutely no volume) would
completely break the Heissenburg Uncertanty Principle? If I'm seeing things
correctly, something is wrong, Heissenburg, or the current model for the
Black Hole.

Please help set me right here, I've been pondering over this one for almost
a month now.

-Hans Van Dyke
britton@ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936