Re: SR examination question

This has been a fascinating thread. By my count, most people who
have engaged in the correspondence, find the original question to
be either unambiguous or, at least, clear in intent. Those people
are, I think, unanimous in interpreting the question as, "In the
time that *Jane* says Peter's watch advances by one minute, how
much time does *Jane* say her own watch advances."

I am still curious about why that is. Therefore, I'd be
interested in anyone's answers to the following three question
survey:

Q1: How would you answer the revised question presented below?

Q2: How does the revision differ from the original? (Be specific.)

Q3: Do the differences *make* a difference? Why or why not?

The revised question:

"Peter and Jane are each wearing a wristwatch with a second hand
that takes one minute to make one complete revolution and Jane
is moving at a speed of 0.9c with respect to Peter. When the
second hand on Peter's watch has made one complete revolution,
how many revolutions will the second hand of Jane's watch have
made?"

The original question:

"Peter and Jane are each wearing a wristwatch with a second hand
that takes one minute to make one complete revolution and Peter
is moving at a speed of 0.9c with respect to Jane. When Peter
observes the second hand on his watch to have made one complete
revolution, how many revolutions will Jane observe the second
hand of her watch to have made?"