Re: "4/3 Problem" Resolution (fwd), comment on

On Mon, 14 May 2001 21:38:42 -0500, Jack Uretsky <jlu@HEP.ANL.GOV> wrote:

Dear David-
The point is that I did NOT have your permission to post our
private conversation on the web,

I gave you my permission to post our private conversations. I have nothing
to hide. If you have nothing to hide, then please give me your permission to
post our conversations.

nor do you have mine. I have stated
my position to the group. If you wish to explain your position, you
are free to do so.

It would be much more informative if I could, at least, post the questions
you asked and my answers to those questions, since others probably have
similar questions regarding the gauge invariance of my equations. I think I
explained very clearly to you why my equations _are_ gauge invariant, but
you chose to ignore my explanations. Would you agree to let me post your
questions and my answers to those questions?

[ ] yes

[ ] no

It is clear to me that we have two totally disparate opinions
about almost everything. Since we seem to have almost no means of
communication with each other, we have no alternative but to communicate
through the group. That, by the way, is what peer review is all about.

Peer review is review by _all_ of the peers, not just you. That's the
beauty of the internet. Let's make it public and see what other _peers_
have to say about it.

Regards,
Dave