A Physics Teaching Opening at a Private School in New York City

Hi Everyone,

Horace Mann School has an opening for a physics teacher for the 2001-2002 academic year.  The department offers introductory physics (Giancoli is the text for next year; we are considering changing to a text like Bloomfield's "How Things Work" and supplementing this with problems), honors physics (follows the AP - B syllabus), AP physics C and introductory astronomy.  Currently, about 80% of our students take physics by the time they graduate.  We have a well-equipped laboratory and a collegial faculty.

Horace Mann is located in Riverdale, a comfortable, wooded, residential neighborhood in the Northwest corner of the Bronx.  Our students come from all over the tri-state area; most come from Manhattan, New Jersey, and Westchester.

The school web site is at:

www.horacemann.org

My site is at:

www.pipeline.com/~weitz

and give an idea of some of the courses we offer in the department.

Anyone interested should respond off-list to me at

weitz@pipeline.com

Jeff Weitz
Science Department
Horace Mann School