FIELDS was "heat is still a noun"

I wonder why E and B are called electric and magnetic fields.
In general the term field refers to a collection of points in space.
In physics we associate fields with physical quantities which
may change gradually from one point in space to another.

temperature --> temperature field
pressure --> pressure field
noise --> noise field
velocity --> velocity field
gravitation --> gravitational field
electric polarization --> polarization field

It is awkward to say "electric-field field" or "magnetic-field field".
If E were called "electric intensity" then we would say "electric
intensity field." If B was called "magnetic strength" then we would
say "magnetic strength field." No, I am not suggesting new names;
only expressing dissatisfaction with the status quo.

P.S. Referring to nouns "heat" and "light" Larry Smith asked:

Should opposition to one imply opposition to the other? Why?

Each of these words means different things in different contexts.
Ludwik Kowalski