Re: Laundromat

Could it be that wet clothes, having more inertia, are not affected by the
blowing hot air as much as the drier clothes? This assumes that the hot
air is blowing radially inward. Wolfgang

I took my washing to a laundromat a day or two ago.
When the washing machines finished, I placed my clothes
in a commercial drier. This featured a 70 cm diameter rotor on
a horizontal axis, through which warm air blew, and which could
be seen to rotate at 1 Hz.

I noticed that initially, the wash was held on the circumference,
but after 8 minutes, the clothes were falling off the top of the
loop, so to speak, so that the inspection window was full of
falling clothes.

Why would that occur?
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!