Re: Good lectures

Michael shared a fair amount of his frustration with the lack of manners
these days. I think I could've written the same post myself, minus some of
the tricks that Michael mentioned. (so Michael, its not just your students,
but I suspect you know that).

I to got livid when a 10 minute late arriving walked up the lecturn in the
middle of a presentation to rifle through papers that had been returned at
the beginning of class. I wish I had exploded, but kept my cool.

Our building has the additional disadvantage of an idiot architect who put
the doorway entrances to the classrooms at the front of the class and not at
the back; so even a relatively polite student who is trying to sneak can't
help but be a little disruptive by walking in front of at least part, or all
depending on how the seats got filled, of the lecture table. Naturally I'm
not upset at this if the student makes and attempt to sneak.

Joel Rauber