Re: Discovery Learning and Guided Inquiry (was Re: AP students)

Robert,

A question about one item you wrote:

I'm not sure if it will take more time and we'll have to cover less
content. I am hopeful that, with practice, the students can cover the
same amount of content that I used to cover. For example, I
find I now
cover much less material in class than I used to. However,
the students
can now cover the remaining content on their own.

I find your phrasing "the students can now cover the remaining content on
their own."

There is a difference between "can" and "will be required to . . ."

Do you require that your students cover the other content on their own? And
if so, how?

E.g. do you give the same type of tests covering the same amount of material
that you used to directly cover?

Joel Rauber