Re: AP Article - A QUESTION

Please excuse this cross-posting to discussion lists with archives:

AERA-J <http://lists.asu.edu/archives/aera-j.html>
Phys-L <http://mailgate.nau.edu/archives/phys-l.html>,
PhysLrnR <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/physlrnr.html>,
Physhare <http://lists.psu.edu/archives/physhare.html>.
Biopi-L <http://listserv.ksu.edu/archives/biopi-l.html>,
POD <http://listserv.nd.edu/archives/pod.html>
AP Physics discussion list <http://www.collegeboard.org/ap/listserv/tech.html>
(no easily searchable archives)

In his 4/25/01 AERA-J post "AP Article" (AP = Advanced Placement),
Richard Iuli pointed to an interesting online review (1) of the AP
Program. That article and companion articles listed below (3,4,6) may
be of interest to some subscribers of the above lists.

In addition to the views expressed in refs. 3-6, the migration of
Iuli's seminal AERA-J post "AP Students" of 4/13/01 to the above
lists (minus POD plus Biolab) has generated a large number of
AP-related posts among educational researchers (AERA-J: 39 posts),
Physicists (Phys-L: 50 posts; PhysLrnR: 15 posts; Physhare: 18 posts
); Biologists (Biopi-L: 5 posts); and AP Physics Teachers (unknown
because the Digests were not sent to me even though I subscribed).
All of these posts are available at the above indicated archives for
the month April 2001.

A QUESTION: To what extent. if any, does the AP program currently
promote the reform of K-12 education as advocated by physics Nobelist
Leon Lederman.(7)

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>