Re: real-life physics

Hi all-
Larry is mistaken on two counts.
1. The quote is from me and not from John Denker who seems to be
an otherwise respectable fellow.
2. There are many examples from industry where one starts by
solving a solvable problem which is not the problem at issue. One notable
example is in the design of aircraft where one gets guidance from
aerodynamic and stability calculations, further guidance from wind-tunnel
experiments but, in the end, must use cut and paste techniques to finally
achieve an acceptable product.
Regards,
Jack