Re: AP Students

But the issue with regard to AP classes is that many universities
accept an appropriate AP grade for credit in the corresponding university
course. Is that an important consideration or not, in you thoughts?

Maybe, but why should I in a high school offer a college class.
In Ohio we have the post secondary option where student take a class at a
college and earn both high school and college credit, If college credit is
desired this is the way to go.

I think a student who does well
in my regular physics class will do well in college just because they
have
learned the skills. Haven't there been studies that show students that
have
taken high school physics do not always do well in college physics? I
want
my students to learn what they can learn about the physics during the
short
time I have them. I cannot possible prepare them for the future, which
seems to be changing daily.
Well, I don't know about that. You can help prepare them to think
for themselves in the future!

That is true Jack, but I don't always think that is what is being asked of
teachers. I think there is a big demand to prepare them for the work force.
Certainly thinking for yourself is important, but we don't need AP courses
for that.