pool table physics

I'd like to apologize to John Denker for my unnecessarily
testy replies to his posts. He was trying to be helpful,
and after all, I'd asked people to try to pick apart my
model. My description of my model in my initial post was
very telegraphic, and it wasn't reasonable of me to expect
that other people would understand everything in the model
without the further details to which I later posted a link.