Re: AP Students - typo

Please excuse this cross-posting to:
AERA-J <http://lists.asu.edu/archives/aera-j.html>,
Biopi-L <http://listserv.ksu.edu/archives/biopi-l.html>,
Biolab <http://biology.clemson.edu:591/biolab/search.htm>,
Phys-L <http://mailgate.nau.edu/archives/phys-l.html>, and
PhysLrnR <http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/physlrnr.html>.

I thank Ed and Laura Eckel for pointing out an unfortunate "typo" in
a post of mine to the above lists. (I make "typos," you make
"mistakes," he makes "moronic blunders."):

In my post "Re: AP Students" of 4/19/01 to the first three of the
above lists, and of 4/21/01 to the last two lists, I wrote (typo in
CAPS):

I think that the development of an "AP-A" course that places CID
(Conceptual, Inquiry, Discovery) ahead of QPS (QUALITATIVE Problem
Solving) as suggested by Bruce Oldaker(3) would be very worthwhile. .
. . I am personally disenchanted with AP physics because, from what
little I know, it seems to be totally devoted to QPS . . . ."

I meant to write "QUANTITATIVE" not "QUALITATIVE." In my opinion, it
will be a cold day in hell before standard AP courses are totally
devoted to QUALITATIVE Problem Solving.

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>