Re: I have a virus.

Jim Green wrote:

At 18:23 18 04 2001 , you wrote:
For anybody who suspects they may have this virus - I know it well as I
cleaned off two friends computers last weekend. As far as email worms
go, this one is nasty.

You can get a free tool at http://www.avp.com/ (bottom of the page)
which is only around 200K and cleans it off your hard computer (if
you're not infected, you will find that out too).

What virus is discussed here???

The Magistr virus.

Can someone please assure me that this download is not a virus itself.

This is why I linked to the web page rather than the downloadable tool
itself. Finding yourself on the Anti Virus Pro website should calm the
concerns a bit, but to blindly start downloading an executable from an
email link is rather foolhardy. In fact, this was one of the variants I