Re: Question About Charged Particles.

The word "charge" refers to the source of a field. The field
is the intermediary of the action of one charge upon another. If the
field is quantized then there are particles associated with the field,
photons in the case of QED, gauge bosons in the case of the weak
interactions, etc. The color charge is the source of gluons, which are
themselves charged.
Regards,
Jack