Re: Question About Charged Particles.

In a message dated 4/7/01 6:22:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jlu@HEP.ANL.GOV
writes:

<< But you are now specifying the formalism in which you want an
answer. So write down the Dirac equation withe massless electrons coupled
to electromagnetism, calculate the lowest order corrections to the mass
(see, e.g., Appendix B of Schwinger, Phys Rev 82 (1951) 664-679) and let
us know the answer which you can read out of Eq. B.15.

If I had this reference handy I may not have asked the question. I don't
think the answer to this question is as straight forward as you are implying
here. Nor do I think it's a stupid question that a quick application of
Schwinger from physical review would quickly answer. All right you are VERY
VERY SMART and I am dumber than a doorbell. What's the answer if you know
what it is?

Bob Zannelli

PS If this is a state secret and you are a Government Scientist I promise to
eat the email right after I read it.