Re: Charles M Best Announces MIT Decision

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, brian whatcott wrote:

Charles Best is moving to make the materials for all MIT classes
available freely by Internet in the course of the next decade.

Now *there's* a President I can salute.

I'd be curious to know why you (apparently) think this is a good
idea. I understand the superficial appeal, but it seems to me
there might be a pretty significant downside.

What's your position on napster?