Re: Worrying about the long term (was Global Warming (NUCLEAR))

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Raymond Rogoway wrote:

John: You worry about overpopulation, it's ok with me. I'll
worry about nuclear waste, hope it's ok with you.

Ray: It's fine with me; I worry about it too. All I meant to
suggest is that worrying about how to store nuclear waste--which
is a single, 10 thousand year time-scale problem--without devoting
at least as much effort to worrying about overpopulation--which is
absolutely fundamental to myriad, 0.1 thousand year time-scale
problems (just one of which is the increasing pressure to build
the nuclear reactors that generate the nuclear waste)--is
thoroughly pointless.