Re: Worrying about the long term (was Global Warming (NUCLEAR))

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Robert B Zannelli wrote:

Rick I don't dispute the points you make. However there is one form of energy
use in this country where there is a lot of room for savings. America's love
affair with gas guzzling vehicles has reached a new high (or is that low)
with the increasing use of giant SUV's which make the Gas guzzlers of the
1970s seem like econo cars. For a time, after the great oil shortage of circa
1975 , we made great strides in this country producing sensible fuel
efficient vehicles. However in the past few years this has been offset by the

<rant>
This is exactly the point that drives me crazy. We saw the writing on the
wall 30 years ago and despite all the long lines for gas it didn't end up
making any difference. I appreciate Rick's discussion of how difficult it
would be to make a significant dent in energy use, but this is ridiculous. I
look around from time to time during my daily commute and notice how many
vehicles are hauling just one passenger. It must be 90% or more. And it
seems that half are trucks!
</rant>

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson | Visit Sibley online: | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS | http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/ | http://www.zope.org/