Re: funny capacitor (EXCEL)

At 08:06 PM 3/25/01 -0500, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:
my Excel (in Office 98 for Mac)
allows for only three conditions.

Do other versions of Excel allow for more conditions in
the dialog box of "Conditional formatting"?

Not so far as I know. Excel 2000 allows only three conditions.

It means I could use
only three colors (in addition to black, the default).

The default need not be black.

A glance at my color wheel suggests that Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue make
a foursome of colors that can be easily mutually discriminated.

I wanted to
visually identify equipotential regions with ten or more
colors. Any suggestion on how can this be done in Excel?

Cycle through them more than once.

RYGBRYGBRYGB makes twelve.

Hint: Define "cycle" as a named variable, then figure out when the
following Boolean expressions are true:
(FLOOR(MOD(D9/cycle,1),0.25)=0.25)
(FLOOR(MOD(D9/cycle,1),0.25)=0.5)
(FLOOR(MOD(D9/cycle,1),0.25)=0.75)

You might want to use them for formatting cell D9.