Re: A Simple Lab Demo of Resistor Noise(?) EMF.

At 08:42 3/19/01 -0500, Wolfgang Rueckner wrote:
This doesn't sound right to me. Are you sure you're not measuring contact
potentials as a function of temperature? Wolfgang

The thought has crossed my mind...and the magnetohydrodynamic effect of
the plasma column from the torch with stray magnetic field.
I haven't yet had the opportunity to recheck the experimental
conditions. As to the possibility of carbon/composition resistors,
I can say that the resistors I used shed their paint coat when touched
after firing, and revealed the helical surface track which I associate
with metal/oxide style resistors.
brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!