Re: Questions & Discussions on Vectors & relationships to differe ntia l geometry

Jack,

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Why do you want to make things so complicated? You
confront all
of these concepts when you consider circular motion.

But my question came precisely from some musing on tranformations involving
rotation plus translation and trying unravel what is geometric (coordinate
independent) about vectors and what isn't invariant about them or the
vectors we use to represent physical concepts, velocity for example.

Joel Rauber