Re: Pb

S.Goelzer wrote

"Heresy or not, thermal energy has a fluid-like properties even
though it is not a fluid."

What is (are) the fluid-like property(ies)? Please be more explicit.

He wrote further

"After any real collision I do in my lab some of the energy is in the
form of thermal energy, This is quite imperceptible to my students
(other than the fact that the objects involved are going slower). How
do I demonstrate that the energy still exists in a different form
(most intro. students are satisfied with a qualitative demo)"

What about the fairly common demonstration with lead shotin a long
glass tube, which is held vertically and then tipped through 180
degrees a number of times. A temperature sensor is used to record the
increase in temperature.

Brian McInnes