Re: physics of bouncing

At 23:07 3/13/01 -0500, Chuck B wrote:
/snip/ I seem
to remember the demo of slamming two steel spheres together being
mentioned.

Holding one sphere in each hand and keeping the fingers out from
between them. When the steel spheres meet we note that the collision
is QUITE inelastic. Clearly our hands are contributing to the
inelasticity of this real collision.
/snip/
Chuck Britton

If i said this was a fair example of an elastic collision followed
by work on the hands holding the recoiling balls?

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net> Altus OK
Eureka!