Re: Singularity Temperature

As I recall, Stephen Hakwing discussed the thermodynamics of black holes
(at least entropy). I remember reading the article for my grad. school
class in GR. That means the article had to be from the 70's to early
80's.

Sorry I can't find the citation for you. At this point, that stuff is
either in the dust bin, or long stored in a forgotten box.

Peter Schoch

Tim O'Donnell wrote:

Is there a temperature at the singularity?
I would think as things enter a black hole they would
generate heat as they are being "rearranged" and
compressed. Would the be a temperature once it reached
the singularity? Can up as a discussion in the classroom.

Tim O'Donnell
Instructor of Physics and Chemistry
Celina High School
715 East Wayne Street
Celina, Ohio 45822
(419) 586-8300 Ext 1200 or 1201
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us

"Chance only favors the prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur