Re: Moon landing Hoax (spinoffs)

No, "We have the best congress money can buy.", or was that the rope twirler?

bc

"Michael N. Monce" wrote:

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Jim Green wrote:

There _will_ be scientific gains -- yes there will, but the taxpayer should
have a vote as to whether s/he thinks those gains outweigh the value of
other uses for _his/her_ money. I resent it that the Congress seems to
think that the money it _theirs_ to spend as they wish.

However one feels about the way Congress acts, your statement is a
negation of the way the US government is structured. The US is a
republic, it is not a democracy. To say that the taxpayers should have a
vote in every appropriation is to propose changing the entire structure of
the country. Is this what you want?
I am quite comfortable with the current structure; however it is
necessary to keep a close watch on our representatives. Wasn't it Mark
Twain who said there is no native criminal class in America; excepting the
Congress?

Mike Monce
Connecticut College