From: "Doug Craigen" <dcc@ESCAPE.CA>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2001 05:45 PM
Subject: Re: Force on a Capacitor Plate

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

The "bound" surface charge is "fictitious". The electric field due to
the

And its been pondering these "fictitious" charges and when they may or
may not have effects in the realm of real forces that led to my posing
this question. For example, reading about piezoelectric effects - the
explanations I've seen are framed in terms of bound charges, but the
pressure induced by these bound charges under application of a field is
real.

Doug Craigen
http://www.dctech.com/physics/about_dc.html