Re: Taste: Microwave Heating vs Boiling

Copper tunneling is not a possible reason because of the thickness of these
coatings. Most corrosion is a result of electrochemical effects. Ion
migration is a common issue generally ignored by physicists but commonly
taught is chemistry and materials science classes. That ionic conductivity
is a more important contribution to the electrical conductivity of some
materials than electrical conductivity also tends to get ignored in physics.

Larry