Re: water microstructure

While we're on the subject of water microstructure, let me again
ask a question I've asked before on this list (but without getting
much of an answer): Is there a simple microscopic explanation
for the heat capacity of water (or, for that matter, any other
liquid), either the numerical value or just the fact that it's
approximately independent of temperature?

Dan Schroeder
Weber State University
dschroeder@cc.weber.edu