Re: ... plus anomaly and collegiality and GR

----- Original Message -----
From: "Leigh Palmer" <palmer@SFU.CA>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 8:50 PM
Subject: The earthshaking mu-plus anomaly and collegiality and GR

I have just returned from a session with a colleague who is helping
me to understand general relativity by answering my questions
brilliantly. I'm reading a new book, "Exploring Black Holes:
Introduction to General Relativity" by Edwin F. Taylor and John
Archibald Wheeler. It doesn't try to do all of GR at once (it does
not introduce the Einstein field equations) but it does get one to
the level where some useful calculation can be done. I hope it gets
me there.

Leigh

My favourite "introducing GR" book is Rindler's _Essential Relativity_. I really think
it's a wonderful book.

Best,

Paolo Cavallo " I am a teacher at
ton0621@iperbole.bologna.it heart, and there
are moments in the
classroom when I can hardly hold the joy. "
P. J. Palmer, 1998