Re: Gee G-2 is wrong!

Hi all-
I've been waiting for this. The Brookhaven press-release raises
some credibility problems, which I'll write about when I have time. But
for starters, not many experimentalists will stake a claim of new physics
on a 2.6 sigma effect with a year of data yet to analyze. Further, the
most uncerain part of the theoretical value is not part of the standard
model of electroweak interactions.
Regards,
Jack

My thanks to Roger Haar and Michael Burns-Kaurin for useful pointers.
This list is *smokin'*! The NEAR Shoemaker landing is going on at the
same time, but I got a copy of the paper. There is a more readable
version on the Los Alamos archive (http://xxx.lanl.gov) listed as
hep-ex/0102017. Figure 3 is impressive and worthy of showing to high
school students (after considerable advance preparation by the teacher).

Leigh