SI question

I have a question for the SI guru's out there.

It is common practice in the US to use a period "." as a delimiter in
expressing a number between the whole number digits and the fractional
digits. I.e. the decimal point. In Europe it is common practice to use the
comma "," for the same purpose.

Is there an official SI position on what symbol to use for the "decimal
point"?

Joel Rauber
Joel_Rauber@sdstate.edu