Re: visualizing fields near charged objects

I wrote:
The formula for the Laplacian
that gives the charge density in this second step is essentially the same
formula used in the relaxation algorithm in the previous step, so at the
very least there should be excellent consistency. Checking to see that
overall charge is conserved is a good diagnostic. See
http://www.monmouth.com/~jsd/physics/laplace.html
for more on this.