Re: Charged disk; was electrostatig

As I explained a minute ago, it is better to avoid a cyliner
because it has sharp edges. To be realistic you must
assume they are not "infinitely sharp" and intruduce
the radius of curvature at some level. I suggested that
we do this at the level of the thickness. The surface
of the disk becomes smooth.

There is no problem inherent in sharp edges. Total charge
converges in a well-behaved manner, even if charge density
does not. Do you disagree with my cylinder-to-disc sequence?

Leigh