Re: heat is "real", but...

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Jim Green wrote:

My "electric company" sells me energy, billed in units of "kilowatt-hours"

Now we are learning physics from PG&E.

There's an exhibit in the Exploratorium called "Pacific Gas and Leather"
where you force a handle to oscillate, which makes a leather drive-belt
circuit oscillate, which drives a mechanical (rachet) full-wave bridge
rectifier, which moves another belt continously forward (DC), which drives
a fan blade in one single direction. It demonstrates AC to DC conversion,
and also shows that PG & L sells no "leather" or "Quantity of
Electricity."

I contacted the staff and they said that it was designed by Oppenheimer.
I guess he had similar problems with that word "electricity."

billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com
Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 freenrg-L taoshum-L vortex-L webhead-L