Re: Astronomical Unit (AU)

Both of these numbers wedged themselves into my brain before the age
of ten. Captain Kangaroo had a commercial for carrots that included
both the 93 million miles and the eight 1/2 minutes.
Both eight and eight 1/2 eventually fought for top position. Now I
know why. 499 seconds wouldn't have meant much to me as a preschooler.

No, it wouldn't have, but I bet you will never forget it.

Leigh